community involvement in wildlife conservation
Do you know of an area of land which you think would make a good Nature Reserve? Get in touch with your local council, Wildlife Trust or English Nature office, for example, and let them know. Local Councilors are often happy to help as well. The more you can tell them about the land the better, so gather some background information first.
BTCV is the UK's leading Conservation charity involved with National and International projects for people who care passionately enough about their environment to take practical action to improve it. They offer:
- Help and advice for local communities wishing to improve their local environment.
- Midweek conservation projects.
- Corporate team building events.
- International Working holidays.
- Project management and consultancy on environmental matters.
- Practical nature conservation opportunities.
- Training events.
- Residential "Natural Break" working holidays.
Trees of time and place (TOTAP) - An National initiative formed by conservation groups that grow trees from seed and plant them.